Pepper Jack cheese bread is a little unusual. The recipe includes two kinds of cheese as well as Tabasco sauce. Wild, right? I hope you like the bread as much as we do!
Last Updated on October 30, 2023 – Originally posted November 25, 2011
I love the Pepper Jack Bread…I shared at work and am currently making a loaf for a co-worker! ~ Sandy
We used the bread in sandwiches. It added a hint of cheesy flavor without being overwhelming. The crust was especially tasty.
Here’s how the bread looked as it came out of the bread machine:
And here’s how it looked as it was being sliced:
What is Tobasco Sauce
According to Wikipedia, Tabasco hot sauce made is made from tabasco peppers, vinegar and salt. It was created over 150 years ago by Edmund McIlhenny. Now Tabasco products are sold in more than 195 countries and territories, and packaged in 36 languages and dialects.
While this recipe uses the original Tobasco sauce, there are other varieties. Those include habanero, chipotle, sriracha and Trinidad Moruga scorpion.
FAQ for This Recipe
- Wondering about the difference between active dry yeast, instant yeast, bread machine yeast and quick rise yeast? I’ve got an article that explains the differences between different yeast types and how to switch between types of yeast.
- What do I mean by a smooth, round ball of dough? I’ve got an article (including images) that explains that.
- Learn about the differences between all-purpose flour and bread flour.
- Do you want to convert this recipe for a bread machine of a different size? I’ve got an article on how to adjust recipes for differently sized machines.
Making Pepper Jack Cheese Bread
This makes a two-pound loaf of bread. Use the basic setting with medium crust.
Follow the instructions that came with your bread machine in terms of which ingredients to put in the machine first.
I recommend that you check on the dough after five or ten minutes of kneading. Pop the top of the bread machine and see how the dough is doing. It should be a smooth, round ball.
If it’s too dry, add milk a teaspoon at a time until it looks right. If it looks too wet, add flour a tablespoon at a time until it looks right.
Pepper Jack Cheese Bread Recipe
Again, this makes a two-pound loaf of bread. Use the basic setting with medium crust.
1 cup milk
3 cups bread flour
1 1/4 teaspoons salt
1 tablespoon sugar
1 cup grated Pepper Jack cheese firmly packed
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
1/2 to 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce (optional)
See below for metric measurements, as well as nutrition information, for this bread machine pepper jack cheese bread recipe.
Pepper Jack Cheese Bread
- 1 cup (236.59 ml) milk
- 3 cups (375 g) bread flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup (113 g) Pepper Jack cheese firmly packed
- 1/4 cup (25 g) Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- Note that this is for a two-pound loaf of bread. Use the basic setting with medium crust.
- Follow the instructions that came with your bread machine in terms of which ingredients to put in the machine first.
- Check the dough after five or ten minutes of kneading. (Pop the top of the bread machine and see how the dough looks.) It should be a smooth, round ball. If it’s too dry add liquid a teaspoon at a time until it looks OK. If it looks too wet, add flour a tablespoon at a time until it looks OK.
All information presented within this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on breadmachinediva.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate. I try to provide accurate information to the best of my ability; however these figures should still be considered estimates.