If you tried to visit the site last Friday it probably didn’t work. The site was up and down, with an emphasis on down, most of the day. My website host was having some problems, but all is well now. I guess everybody has an off day now and again, even website hosts.
AND I wanted to let you know that I’ve added photos to my Tuna Burger recipe. If you haven’t tried them, I highly recommend them.
Now to the five links, from time to time I come across interesting articles or websites that I think you’ll enjoy. I save them up until I have five, and then I share them with you.
- I love this recipe for homemade Italian salad dressing. It’s easy to make. It’s inexpensive. And it tastes great. I use it on lettuce salad, pasta salad and as a marinade.
- As I mentioned in a previous post, we’re taking part in a farm share program. Every week we get vegetables from a local farm. This week we received a large amount of basil and I made pesto. Loved it!! From now on I’ll need homemade pesto on a regular basis.
- We’ve also been getting a lot of green beans in our farm share. My family always had a garden, but we canned the green beans. So I wasn’t sure what to do with fresh ones. Then I found a great recipe for fresh green beans, onion and red pepper all cooked in chicken broth. Yum!
- Just in case you’re wondering if I spend all my time in the kitchen, check out the Charles Dickens Info website. When I’m not making bread, I can generally be found in front of my computer making websites. The Charles Dickens website started as a class project years ago and it keeps on growing. I recently gave the site a new look and a new name.
- Over the weekend the Man of the House and I watched Silver Linings Playbook. We really enjoyed by movie and were curious about the “crabby snacks and homemades” mentioned in the movie. This Slate article explains the references and gives recipes. It turns out that crabby snacks are an appetizer served on English muffins and “homemades” are homemade egg pasta. Hmmm . . . now that I think of it I have seen pasta recipes for the bread machine. Stay tuned for more developments.